21st Space Wing Public Affairs
PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. — Starting Nov. 3, Teleconference Bridge scheduling will be accomplished by individual users through a Microsoft SharePoint site on a first-come, first-served basis.
This change is in line with Air Force Space Command’s Telephone Operator Services Transition Plan and a Headquarters Air Force mandate requiring wings to reduce manning to Fiscal Year 2010 levels.
To ensure users experience a seamless transition, the 21st Communications Squadron has programmed multiple pre-set teleconference bridges which are now available at the following site:
Individuals can start reserving conferences now for dates on or after Nov. 3. However, the actual conference bridge will not be activated until Nov. 3.
In addition, when participating in conferences users must now follow some new rules of engagement:
• Users must use the new dial-in number provided on SharePoint to access the bridge
• Conferences currently scheduled via the “old” system will not migrate to the new system
• Users must make all requests through SharePoint
• Users must self-police their conference call i.e. start and end on time
• Users will not receive a warning or termination tone prior to the conference expiring
• Users should not enter conferences before the scheduled time, it will interfere with other calls
While these changes will take some time to get used to, said Capt. Neftali Herrada, 21st Communications Operations flight commander, users will now have the ability to schedule their own conferences at the “click” of a button.
For questions, please contact the 21 CS/SCO team at firstname.lastname@example.org.