By Staff Sgt. Alexandra M. Longfellow | Peterson-Schriever Garrison Public Affairs
PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. — The Community College of the Air Force concept evolved in the early 1970s as means for Airmen to gain recognition for their U.S. Air Force training.
Further education provides Airmen an opportunity to be better at their jobs within the Air Force and to make them more competitive once they leave the military service.
The CCAF Graduation Ceremony is a bi-annual event that recognizes enlisted members of Peterson-Schriever Garrison, who have completed the requirements for an Associate of Applied Science Degree through the CCAF. This event was a combined Spring/Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 event due to COVID-19 restrictions.
The newest CCAF graduates:
• Senior Airman Mateo Alarcon Cordero, 21st Civil Engineer Squadron – Mechanical & Electrical Technology
• Staff Sgt. Romeena Alexander, 21st Dental Squadron – Dental Laboratory Technology
• Senior Airman Garrett Anderlik, 21st Aerospace Medical Squadron – Public Health Technology
• Tech. Sgt. Stephanie Bandy, Vosler NCO Academy – Instructor of Technology and Military Science
• Master Sgt. Jose Bernal, NORAD/USNORTHCOM – Air & Space Operations Technology
• Staff Sgt. Daniel Bowen, 561st Network Operations Squadron – Information Systems Technology
• Staff Sgt. Robin Brown, 21st Medical Group – Public Health Technology
• Staff Sgt. Erasmus Hartsfield, 367th Air Force Recruiting Squadron – Human Resource Management
• Staff Sgt. Nathaniel Hayden, 21st Dental Squadron – Dental Laboratory Technology
• Senior Airman Dakota Holzwarth, 21st Dental Squadron – Dental Laboratory Technology
• Senior Airman Brianna Ramirez, 21st Medical Support Squadron – Diagnostic Imaging Technology
• Tech. Sgt. Timothy Wilson, Vosler NCO Academy – Instructor of Technology and Military Science